The (bendable) rules:
Post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about herself on his/her blog.
Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
Go to each blogger’s page and mention that you have tagged
Here are the questions I was asked.
1. How many children are there in your family and where do you fall? (Oldest--youngest)
There are six of us, first three boys, then three girls. I'm #5, the middle daughter. Oddly, I ended up with three boys and three girls as well, but not in the same order.
2. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Just took a test on this and scored almost 100% introvert. I enjoy people a lot, but prefer one-on-one to crowds, and need time to recharge, alone, afterwards.
3. What room of your house do you spend the most time in?
Either the office or kitchen.
4. Do you have any pets, and if so how many, and what kind?
Pets come and go at this house, and at the moment we're down to three cats.
5. What time of day do you most often write blog posts?
It varies a lot, but often late at night.
6. Which of these do you enjoy most? Cooking, cleaning, or laundry?
Definitely laundry, although lately Emily has been doing all the laundry and I'm realizing just how much of my time it took.
7. How did you meet your spouse?
I came to Oregon to teach in a Mennonite school. One of my students was little Rosie Smucker who told me about her big brother who was teaching two hours away. Eventually we met. And stuff.
8. What are some hobbies you have other than blogging?
Sewing, crafts, reading, traveling. In film days I enjoyed photography. I like history and old novels and exploring other places and cultures.
9. What is your favorite verse in the Bible?
Romans 8:1 "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. . .through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."
10. What time do you get up in the morning?
6:30 to 7. Slightly later on weekends, but not much.
11. If you had a choice would you rather go away for vacation, or stay at home and relax?
I'd go back to Jamaica in a heartbeat. Or out to the coast.
Thanks for tagging me, Rebecca!
Ok, here are my questions, for bloggers who I see as authors or potential authors. If you don't want to do the whole "meme" thing, but feel like answering the questions, I'd love to hear from you in a private message. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Also, there are no blog-meme police to send after you, so feel free to post without tagging others.
Ok, my burning questions:
1. How long have you been blogging, and how often do you post?
2. Have you had anything published, and if so, what and when?
3. Who is the author who best speaks your language and who you would most like to be like, in style and message?
4. What do you see as the unique message God has given you to share with the world ?
5. Who or what has made you believe in yourself as a writer?
6. Who or what has done the opposite?
7. Besides blogging, what types of writing have you done? (journaling, poetry, news articles, letters, short stories, etc.)
8. Where would you like to be, writing-wise, in five years?
9. What would need to happen to move you from here to there?
10. Any advice for beginning bloggers/writers?
11. Just for fun: what's a skill you have that almost no one knows about? (example: I know how to develop black and white film in a darkroom.)
(So many good people I'm leaving out. Maybe another day, all of you.)
Quote of the Day:
"Is she kind of the Pat McManus for mommies?"
--a child of Alyson, an amazing and kind woman from First Baptist Church, who reads all my articles to her four children.