Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dentist

Jenny had a dentist appointment last week; Amy had one a week later.

Amy: Sierra the hygienist told me that Jenny is her favorite patient.
Me: Cool. Why is that?
Amy: Because she talks and asks a lot of questions.
Me: Well, I can see that.
Jenny: Last time I asked Dr. Burnett if he's nervous when he works on people's teeth and he said no. He said he used to be but he's not any more.
Me: Hmm, interesting.
Jenny: I told him his hands were shaking, that's why I asked him that.
Me, aside to Amy: No wonder they don't forget Jenny in there.

1 comment:

  1. Dental care....since you bring it up. I had the awesome opportunity to get a free root canal last week and meet two awesome young dentists in the process (Dr. David Wilson and Dr. Leah Hickson).

    Magnuson Dental offers a free clinic (for Lane County residents) several times per year for those who fall in the gap between earning too much to be eligble for OHP or other assitance but who do not have dental coverage and cannot afford care.

    It was clear by the long line that the need is so much greater than the availability of care...I'm sure that's true in so many areas. It's just that I had an opportunity to see it up close.

    What an awesome thing for their clinic to do, and what vision for people to see the need and make an effort to fill it. If we all gave of our time and talents like that, how much greater would this country be!!!

    ReplyDelete