Thursday, August 19, 2010

Books n Berries

Emily and I plan to be at the fair today [Thursday] from 2-10pm. Authors' table. Lane County Fair. Come say hi.

---

Today four of the children and I went wild-blackberry picking along a harvested Mennonite field a few miles north of here. 3 1/2 gallon buckets in less than an hour. I made and froze about ten unbaked blackberry pies and baked two more for supper and put a bunch of berries in the fridge for cobblers and such.

Love love love wild Oregon late-summer blackberries.
---

Next week I plan to do a review of Barbara Cline's new book about star quilts. It is amazing. And there will be a giveaway, yes there will, but the info is on the other computer, so stay tuned.

---

Quote of the Day:
[this is for all the people who think my kids should be falling over with admiration because their mom is an author]
Ben: Are you and Emily going to the fair tomorrow?
Me: Yeah, 2 to 10.
Ben: So your book, Downstairs the Queen is Knitting, is that one out yet?
Me: Um, yeah, it 's been out for almost a year.

2 comments:

  1. Chidren do such a good job of keeping our feet on the ground and giving reality checks, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorcas, I'm hoping to get to Harrisonburg next weekend to meet you, but not sure yet. I do have a question, though. I see you know the Heatwole "girls" from the area -- are you related to them? And is your husband related to the late Daniel and Francis Smucker of Harrisonburg?? Just curious.

    I know you're from the Kalona, IA area. My dad was from Wellman, but he was gone from there long before you arrived on the scene!

    (I've misplaced your email address or I wouldn't make this so public!)

    Juanita Jutzi

    ReplyDelete