Thursday, July 24, 2014

News Bits and a Good Reminder

I'll be at the Lane County Fair today from 3-9 pm, if any of you want to stop by.  Look for the Authors' Table in the glass-topped Atrium.

Also, I have a little piece on the Amish Wisdom blog, on differences between Amish/Mennonite communities.

Click here.

Or if you want to share the address: http://bit.ly/1rDron3

Sitting at the fair for hours makes it tempting to play the comparison game.  To my left might be a first-timer with only one book for sale who repeats his or her pitch over and over to passersby and might sell only a book or two.

Smug chuckle.

To my right might be Bob Welch, who has so many books he can hardly fit them all on the table, and so many people coming by to buy and talk that sometimes there's a line, waiting.

Sighs and despair. 

This verse was a good reminder this morning:
No one from the east or the west
or from the desert can exalt a man.
But it is God who judges:
He brings one down, he exalts another.
--Psalm 75: 6,7

2 comments:

  1. Nicole Orrantia7/24/2014 9:38 PM

    I look forward to reading more of your blog. My daddy was brought up Mennonite in Flint, Michigan. I wish I could have met his parents, my grandparents, but they had passed on by the time I was brought into this world. He does speak of his growing up years tho and sometimes I really wish I had been brought up the way he was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a good day at the fair and it didn't get too hot in the Atrium. I'm not at the fair this year and I miss my annual visit to say hi to you and the other authors!
    Tabiha

    ReplyDelete