Saturday, October 21, 2006

Tech Stuff

For those of you who keep getting three copies of Life in the Shoe from FeedBlitz, I just went crawling around in the bowels of their website and tried to remove two of the three subscriptions. I hope it works.

And since I am so techno-savvy and all, I started a website today, since my friends such as Tom and experts at writers' seminars have told me for years I need to do this. I must say that directing Tom to my website is like baking a sour cream lemon pie and taking it over to my SIL Bonnie's place. Here it is.

Quote of the Day:
"When I leave home you're going to have to pay someone for tech support."
--Matt, after advising me about MySite.com. I told him maybe he's pursuing the wrong field, since he's the kind of guy we would all like to have on the other end when we call tech support. He can explain computer stuff to me without making me feel stupid--a rare gift.

4 comments:

  1. I just checked out your webpage - nice, and easy to use! I thought it was interesting to hear that some folks are getting Life in the Shoe sent to them 3 times, whereas I had subscribed and wasn't getting it at all! Not to worry! I've put you on my favorite's list now, so all I need to do is remember to click on it every other day or so to find out what's going on! Blessings to you and your household!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorcas!!I'm your looooong ago friend from another life!:)Can you wrap your brain around a time when you hung out w/ Mary,Regina,and me and we laughed ourselves silly??I think i was almost 12 and helping out @ my bro's(Omar and Mary) place w' my 2 lil' neices...(Sherry and Sonia).I've slowly been catching up to you,since your neice...Annette,works for my bro-in-law.And just last nite we had friends here from El Salvador(Loncho and Pauline Ramos) who told me about your website...and i said ..I KNOW her!!!I can't wait to hear more from you and get to know you as you are now...a famous author!!I was astounded last nite to find out that you ALSO have an Amy,Emily and Matthew!! Dave and I have 7 children and live in a big house on the hill on a wooded lot and we rent out 2 rooms for guests...Not a B and B....just the lodging.We are so very blest and i'm so glad I found you again!!! Have a great day!! Mary ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you would like to contact me my e-mail address is hilltopmama@frontiernet.net
    -Mary Ann King

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I just check in here occasionall. It is interesting reading. the "lemon pie to Bonnie's" tickled me. For me anyhow it gave a very accurate picture of your feelings about the web tech. I think I would feel the same way about both!: )

    ReplyDelete