Friday, July 04, 2008

Recommended

If you've heard me speak in the past year you might remember me saying, "You have a story to tell." It's a theme I keep coming back to and trying to convince women of.

Apparently someone at the AARP has been thinking along the same lines because they just published this article called "Everyone has a story to tell." It's one of the best how-to's on memoir-writing I've ever read.

Thanks to Margaret from the First Congregational Church for the link. I don't yet get AARP literature myself, just so you know.

Quote of the Day:
"Services are Christ-centered, liturgical, and dignified."
--readerboard at a church in Albany

3 comments:

  1. Not fair, and I'm younger. I sent them as nice of a note as I could under the circumstances. They even gave me a postage paid envelope to do it with. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I loved all the writing prompts! I've always felt like a 'real' writer doesn't need them; but I sure do. My blog's been on hiatus for a while because I wanted to take it in a new direction. I think I may give these writing exercises a shot.

    I also have a book called "A Writer's Book of Days" by Judy Reeves (which I'd forgotten about until I read the article) that has writing prompts for each day of the year and advice and quotes from writers.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quote of the day...as we know, Jesus was always liturgical and dignified! =D

    ReplyDelete