Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life Is Just a Jar of Cherries


You might recall me saying how the Register-Guard was doing a story on canning and asked to send a photographer out to "shoot"my jars. Kevin Clark was the guy that showed up, and he took half a dozen jars out on the porch, set them on the rail, and rearranged and shot for an hour. "A couple hundred images," he said. [I noticed he never said "pictures." It was all "photos" and "shots" and "images."] Here's the one that made the paper.

And here's the article it illustrated.

Quote of the Day:
"I could spend a couple of weeks at this."
--Kevin Clark, who found jars of fruit on a porch rail very fascinating

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if I could take a hundred pictures (correction: images!) of cherries in a jar--although they are pretty. I can however shoot a hundred or more 'photos' or 'shots' of baby granddaughters and nature :) LOL
    Home canned fruit is SO beautiful though--maybe someday, like before I am a great-grandmother, I will muster up the courage to try it at least once!
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful image! I love that something so simple and every-day can be so pretty and full of color. Makes my mouth water for cherry pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a true photographer and a good one. I can totally empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I re-read my post later it sounded kind of critical to me and I just want to apologize to others if they were offended or hurt by by it. Being critical is not my intention at all!
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete