Sunday, July 04, 2010

Fish Recipe

Wow, I've had two requests for that recipe I mentioned in the last post. So here it is:

Fish Filling for Grilling

But first: I've done this only with trout, and they were gutted but not cut into fillets or skinned or anything.

Mix:
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 t. fresh minced garlic

Sprinkle salt and pepper inside the fish. Stuff the cream cheese mixture in along with one slice of lemon for a small fish or two for a large one.

Wrap it all up tightly in tin foil and put on the grill. Turn it over every so often. I allowed half an hour for the 10" fish I made the other day and that was plenty. The much bigger trout Steven caught a couple of years ago, with meat an inch thick, took a lot longer.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I've made this recipe with mayonnaise instead of cream cheese, and it's quite good. We like it especially with salmon. I'll have to try your version now for a taste test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good--and easy! TY for sharing it:)
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really hard to go wrong with cream cheese and onion! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds FABULOUS and I'm putting it on my "to try" list. Gotta find some good fresh fish first though :D

    ReplyDelete