Friday, April 15, 2005

Prose

Jenny has a little photo album with Laura Carrot and Junior Asparagus on the front cover. It inspired her to write a story on little papers today and insert them in the photo slots:

Ones Loro and Jnr love ech athr. Wen tha got mered tha had bloons. Happy marij one of the pes sed. Good bye sed anothr pe. Tis book was pabish by Jenny Smucker. The end.

Translation: Once Laura and Junior loved each other. When they got married, they had balloons. "Happy marriage," one of the peas said. "Goodbye," said another pea. This book was published by Jenny Smucker. The end.

Quote of the Day:
"All of the Lauras I know are nice. Laura Bush…Laura Schlessinger…Aunt Laura…"
--Emily (I don’t know if she includes Laura Carrot on this list or not)

4 comments:

  1. Arlene, I know what you mean. I like Dr. Laura's insistence on doing the right thing even if it's tough but yes, she gets a bit rough on some poor nervous souls. Emily has yet to develop qualms about interrupting so she still considers Dr. Laura "nice."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorcas,
    Thanks for allowing us to use your blog as a bulletin board.
    Lindsey, another fellow Albertan, how interesting! Do you mind sharing your hometown? I grew up about 8 miles south of Lethbridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry guys, that country bumpkin is not supposed to show up!! Somewhere I goofed!!LOL ~Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try again... Anyways Beverly, Yes I am Edwins youngest sister and now live in Oregon and have 4 children-2 boys and 2 girls.
    ~Arlene

    ReplyDelete