Thursday, March 16, 2006

Amy's Home!

We drove to the airport last night with all of my nerves twanging like guitar strings. Half a dozen youth group-ers met us there. One girl, arriving late, called me on her cell phone and said she sees a plane landing. Ooohhhhh so exciting.

An announcement over the intercom: Flight 239 from Seattle has just arrived.

People started coming out through the "Do not Enter" doorway. A man with a leather jacket stopped and said, "Are you waiting for the young lady from the Emirates?"
"Yes!!"
"Yeah, she's coming. She's cool."

Oh, the tension.

Then there she was, petite and Amy-ish and pulling her carryon. I would have run to meet her except the prim security lady would have fussed, I'm sure.

And then at last, at last, she was in my arms again, safe and sound.

Someday, in heaven, May there be similar ripples of excitement and anticipation--"Is that her? I think I see her!" as my last child comes safely home.

Quote of the Day:
"Whenever I leave a message on an answering machine, I want to quit with 'In Jesus' name, Amen."
--Emily

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that she arrived safely home.
    I like how you likened the experience of Amy coming home to how it might be in heaven!! We have so much to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete