Monday, September 25, 2006

Book Signing

On Saturday night there was a book signing at Barnes and Noble. This was the display right inside the front door.


This is the fortunate author, in the outfit her daughter picked out (since she couldn't decide what to wear), pen in hand, free decaf vanilla latte at her elbow, and business cards (to make her feel professional) and Kisses in a Smuckers cup available to customers.


There was a steady trickle of interested people. Despite the absence of lines stretching down the sidewalk, the author was happy. She was especially happy, at the end, when the event coordinator gave her this:

And she was really really happy when she came home and found that the box has two layers!


Quote of the Day:

Customer: Oh! But you're so much smaller than I had imagined!

Me: If you don't mind my asking, why exactly did you think I would be bigger?

Customer: Oh, well, because, well, you've just accomplished so much!

Me: Hmmm. . .

(Afterthoughts) So Karen Kingsbury is 6-3 and 250 pounds??. . . Maybe if I eat all those Godiva chocolates I'll be as big as people think I ought to be.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, me! Oh, my! You look so...well...accomplished! I think I could be happy, too, with that big box of chocolates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't make it Saturday, but I stopped by earlier to see the window display. Impressive! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your book signing was a success. Interesting what people can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dorcas... Kisses in a Smuckers cup... Now WHERE did you get that, or need I ask! I think we would get those on the food truck up North, right?

    I'm so happy that you were happy. And I COULD take one of those yummie things about now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dorcas, Whenever I get one of you blogs at my e-mail address, I always get 3. I contacted the provider and they said to contact you.
    Wish I had had the date of your book signing. I would have loved to have been there.

    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dorcas,
    I've enjoyed reading your blog and I always get a laugh out of your "quote of the day"!
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the signed copy - it was great post-op reading and I've recommended it to others. To bad they couldn't all fly to Oregon to stand in line...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a happy reader! Sarah in Denver

    ReplyDelete