Sunday, December 31, 2006

Pitiful People

Nothing is as pitiful and pathetic as someone sick with the flu, hot and sleepy and miserable. This fever and sore throat bug has been ravaging our family and today it's Paul and Jenny that are bleary-eyed and flushed, and Matt doesn't look so good either.

Paul has been lying on the couch, pretty much dead to the world, for about three days. This evening his temperature was 103. He's the type that pushes himself to keep working even when he's sick, so when he lies around wrapped in blankets, I know he's SICK.

I can handle sick children and rather enjoy making motherly noises over them and bringing cold drinks with straws, but there's something about a strong, capable guy laid flat with the flu that just upsets my little world. Paul and Pitiful should not be in the same sentence. It's just wrong.

Quote of the Day:
"It was so boring. Everybody talked about obvious things and contemplated them like they weren't obvious."
--a certain teenager, talking about a Sunday school class she visited

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I've been to that Sunday School too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about that vicious flu. Had it at our house, too, and it left one of us battling pneumonia. Get well soon, Paul & Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand when J gets sick I feel like a helpless wife who has no clue how to take care of him. Do u have this problem to that u have to beg, coax, and threaten to forcefully incert tylenol in order for him to take any?=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are sick over here too. I personally am so sick of having high fever. A mom is supposed to be able to take care of everyone else, yet when my own fever reaches 102 or 103, it just wipes me out. My children all have had it, and just when you think they are on the mend..down they go with fever again. Thankfully Dennis hasnt had it a bit.
    I love the quote of the day.. Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annette--I long ago gave up trying to get Paul to do anything medical. In fact, right now his mom is all in a flutter because she thinks he just has to go to the doctor. And I am all calm. (but that's because I'm pretty sure he doesn't have pneumonia, tonsillitis, or anything more than a virus)

    Arlene--you have my sympathy and I hope you get better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeh, I hate it when hubby is sick. Love that quote,so true sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what I think SS teachers ought to do??? Get the STUDENT to teach the class and we teachers can sit there bored and not noticing the obvious

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey you other anonymous..its not just the students fault, ya know. So don't be putting all the blame on them.

    ReplyDelete