Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Monster Cookies, the Recipe

Someone asked for this, so apparently I didn't scare her off of ever making them.

MONSTER COOKIES

Mix: 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
2 1/3 c. brown sugar
2 c. white sugar

Add: 2 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (Jif or other good brand!)
6 eggs
1 1/2 t. vanilla

Mix well.
Add 1 1/2 t. light corn syrup
4 t. baking soda

Stir in 9 c. quick oats
1 1/2 c. M & M's
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

(Edit: Refrigerate at least 2 hours)
Put them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

Note: no flour in this recipe. Feel free to add your variations/suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! That was quick.
    Sorry to be so dense, but
    do you beat the eggs before
    adding them? Also, I'm glad
    that you specified that
    there is no flour in this
    recipe; otherwise I would
    have wondered if it had been
    left out as an oversight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make monster cookies to sell and this is the recipe I use. I always double it. I've had lots of issues with it, but after experimenting for a long time, I discovered it works if you use Jif peanut butter, increase the oatmeal to 20 cups (for a double batch) and then refrigerate the dough at least 2 hours before baking and not flatten them very much. To say the least, my family was about sick of monster cookies until I got it all figured out. We still always have some in every batch that are too flat or weird looking to sell. So you're not alone in your struggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [From one "Anonymous" to another]
    Do you beat the eggs before adding them? Or does it matter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I don't beat the eggs separately.

    ReplyDelete