Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Old Pictures

I was going through some old photos and found a picture of Mary Shelley.  If you recall, she's the old neighbor that we used to visit when we lived in Ohio.  I wrote about her in the column about Mom that was published in January and re-published this week in the Budget.

This is Mary and her cat.  The picture was taken about 8 years after we had moved away, when Rebecca and I were back for a visit.


We note the peeling wallpaper and the one remaining arm on the rocker.

I found some other old pictures as well.  Below is Mom with my niece Annette.


 And from the progression of pictures below, you can tell how important Mom and Dad's Bible time was, every morning, year in and year out.

Around 1981
I took this shot just over a year ago.

My sister took this one last fall.

4 comments:

  1. Seeing your parents makes me miss my grandparents, Dorcas. Thanks to the Lord, some day there will be no more separations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of their hands holding their Bibles is a sermon in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such dear pictures. You are so blessed to have them. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious....

    ReplyDelete