Saturday, May 06, 2006

Ready, Set, Go!

Today was the official debut of Ordinary Days. I spoke at the annual May women's luncheon at the Central Lutheran Church in Eugene and took 27 copies of the book along to sell.

After my talk and the closing prayer I was greeted with every author's dream: a line of people with checkbooks in hand.

They bought all 27 books I had along. "I didn't think I'd need nearly that many!" I exclaimed.
"Oh ye of little faith," rebuked the next lady in line.

So then they placed orders for more books. 52 more, in fact.

I am flabbergasted, grateful, surprised, and bobbing like a helium balloon. This is fun. I still feel like I'm just pretending to be an author and one of these times everyone will figure that out, but meanwhile, like I say, it's lots of fun.

Quote of the Day:
"Oh, I do enjoy reading about you Quakers and your life out in the country."
--one Lutheran lady

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Dorcas, what a writer's dream!!! I'm so happy for you. Next time, remember that you must have PLENTY of books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quakers?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dorcas!!!!!
    I loved reading this! Bless you! The joys and privileges and responsibilities of being a recognized author... who can comprehend it all?

    So how do I get a copy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Dorcas!!!! Even if ye are of little faith, thy speech must have been a hit to make so many people want thine book! Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorcas, guess what! We're joining the blogging world. Hans was telling us how much he enjoys your postings. Now I have so much to catch up with! I've read to the end of your June 05 postings. I take time for at least one new date a day. Very enjoyable! Edith

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool... :)

    ReplyDelete