Monday, April 23, 2007

Matt

In Idaho the other weekend an older gentleman approached Matt and said he's been reading my book and he got to one of the chapters about Matt and he started thinking, "Now surely some of this is embellished." So he asked Matt. And Matt informed him that no, it was not exaggerated.

Yes, this is the kid I tell stories about, the one that has given me most of my gray hairs, the child of ipecac and science experiments and air-ambulance ride and endless questions and adventure and emergency surgery and fire and falls and terror who always managed to land on his feet. The child who made me weep and the child who saved his sisters' lives and the child who made me both humble and proud.

And today he's 21.

"Matthew" means "gift of God." He is.

Why don't you hop over to his blog, ignore the girlfriend application, and leave a comment wishing him a happy birthday.

Quote of the Day:
(about 11 years ago)
Emily: Hey, look, there's a rabbit!
Ben: Bunny bunny!
Emily: What's it doing?
Amy: Maybe it's sitting on its eggs!
Matt: (scornfully) Amy! Rabbits aren't monotremes, they're placentals!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a proud aunt I totally agree. Matt is a gift of God!

    ReplyDelete