Friday, April 27, 2007

Tagged

Deanna at Stories Happen tagged Life in the Shoe as one of five blogs that make her think. Besides being honored, I’m also invited to tag five more, for the same reason.

Scrolling down through my favorites, I realized the blogs that make me think are written by people who aren’t necessarily like me in politics or thought or lifestyle or belief. And the writing style is often much more cerebral and mysterious than my fourth-grade, nothing-subtle, spell-it-out style.

But they make me think which is a good thing. Sometimes they even make me do, which is even better.

Jewel at Innacanoe is an artist in words, layout, and photography. She often writes about spiritual things and puts words to things of the heart that many of us feel but can’t articulate.

Darren and Jennifer at being-becoming are precious people (and Jenn was once Paul’s student) who force my mind down chutes it has never squeezed down before. Sometimes I hope they’re actually saying something and not just playing a joke on me. Most of the time I come away with a good bite of meat to chew on.

Naomi at JustPeachy is a nice, smart feminist and NPR listener who shows me where she and her ideas come from, and how and why.

The Parables blogger grew up in my home church and the Minnesota cornfields and then took a very different path from mine. But I like to walk alongside her now and then.

Robin at Blue Skies is like me a mom and composter but unlike me is planned and purposeful. I do most of what I do intuitively and on the fly. Robin thinks about what she does, and then does it, and then writes about it in her blogs.

(The five of you can also tag five blogs that make you think. If you want to. Your toaster will not explode tomorrow morning if you don't.)

Quote of the Day:
"She makes me think being Mennonite might be fun."
--Deanna, about Life in the Shoe

5 comments:

  1. I had to come see what the Old Woman in the Shoe was up to. I'm sorry I haven't checked your blog in a long time and it's not because it's not extremely interesting but because my computer is so everlastingly slow. But when you mentioned being tagged I had to come and see for myself.

    Whew! I'm smoothing down my hair and trying to act mature. Thank you for the kind words. IF anything that I've ever written ministered to you I'll have to direct the accolades to the Spirit in every way because this dyslexic (numbers-wise,) backward, bottom-of-the-class maverick has been anything but a saint and whatever good has happened in my life has been the work of the Savior. But thanks again for directing people to my site. For His Glory.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorcas, you’ve flattered me into a smile. Thanks. You might want to warn your readers though that it’s not meat I’m stuffing down your throat. Since Jennifer is a vegetarian I only cook with tofu. I'm not sure if that will help with that gag reflux problem though.

    I try not to have a lot of time for blog reading (cause if I get started it can turn into several hour marathon), but I do always read yours. Actually most of the blogs I read seem to come from your computer (!). I like Emily’s brain and her movies, Matt’s honest existential angst, and an old friend Jenny’s funny nostalgic photos and prescient thoughts (at times).

    So there you have it. Go to my blog for links to my favorites.

    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to include my little brother's penguin/snowboarding website which I really like too. So I guess Emily's blogs will have to count as #2/2a.

    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm honored to be quoted at the end of your post! Glad you had fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nod, Dorcas! I'm glad my ramblings make sense--or offer amusement--to someone even if I'm still trying to figure this life out. :)

    I'm always visiting Life in the Shoe to see if you've had another Margaret Mead moment. Your hilareous Y.F.Meetings post had me celebrating every five gray hairs on my head!

    ReplyDelete