Thursday, May 22, 2008

Advice

Allen Troyer had an interesting meditation at Keith and JoNell's wedding on Biblical couples and the advice they might give us. Read more here.

For example:
Adam and Eve: "Your relationship with God must guide your relationship with each other."
Abraham and Sara: "Honor and leadership go together."
Jacob and Rachel: "Something good is worth working for."

Meanwhile, Matt sat there doodling on the back of his program, sketching the back of Grandma's head and also jotting down his own irreverent version of advice based on the couples Allen mentioned, such as "Don't marry your half sister," for Abraham and Sara.

My favorite advice of Allen's was from Joseph and Mary: "God's favor is far more important than a good reputation."

My favorite advice of Matt's was from Boaz and Ruth:

Quote of the Day:
"Sleep at the warehouse more often."

3 comments:

  1. I actually just bought a clearance book at Parable all about biblical parents and what we can learn from them (both inspirational and cautionary). Gotta love that chapter on Lot. "Don't get drunk and sleep with your daughters!"

    haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no sleeping at the warehouse for me thank you, I have enough wives :-P

    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been gone for over a week and trying to get caught up on my reading rounds. I have to let you know how much I always enjoy reading your blog. The daily ins and outs are what make you so real! Whether Hansie shakes water everywhere or you are loving on your family; it's what so many of us can relate to! Have a great Holiday weekend!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete