Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Robin tagged me recently with the following challenge:


1. Write the title to your own memoir using 6 words.
2. Post it on your blog.
3. Link to the person that tagged you.
4. Tag five more blogs.


I guess I've kind of done this already, having written two memoirs, but I think the assignment is really an autobiography title.


This is the problem: I am terrible with titles. That's one of the hardest parts of publishing my books: coming up with chapter titles. (And no, I can't use what was in the newspaper because often I don't like them [no, I don't write the headlines myself--lots of people ask me that] and also if the story is one column wide down the side of the page it has a shorter title than if it's spread out across four columns at the bottom.) I did come up with Ordinary Days as a book title but it's not what anyone could call exciting and the publisher wanted something a bit more intriguing for the second book, hence Upstairs the Peasants are Revolting.


Yes well.


I can, however, come up with titles for others. Amy: I Can Do It By Myself! Jenny: Life Is So Exciting And Fun!! And the other night we were sitting around discussing this and I thought, but did not say, that Paul's should be What Would Be The Point? when he announced, "I can't think of a more pointless exercise." So I said what I had been thinking and he said, "I don't think I've said that in 5 years." (I guess since we always rubbed his nose in it he's tried to quit saying it.) However, as Amy said, "It's easy to tell you're still thinking it even if you don't say it." Poor Paul, we are so hard on him.


Ok, how's this for me: By Faith Opening Doors, Walking Through
Or--Still In the Middle Of The Story

I think I like the second one best.


(Ok, not real picky with the six words rule I guess)


I tag Matt, Emily, Miriam, Margaret, and Ruth.


Quote of the Day:
(In case you wondered why Steven's sibs get annoyed at him)
Emily: AAAAAHHH!!! Steven come kill this spider!!
Steven: Why?

2 comments:

  1. Alright, got it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hum i like your quote of the day!!! sound like your husband must be a uncle to my husband!!!! when i ask him to come and see somthing or to do somthing usally he first has to ask WHY???!!!! :) i still love him anyway:) starla

    ReplyDelete