Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Easter Egg Directions

How to dye Easter eggs, as demonstrated by Jenny:

1. Remind Mom 24 times to get a kit for dyeing eggs. Say please.

2. Thank Mom for remembering to get the kit. Cook some eggs. Assemble the supplies. Wear an old shirt.

3. Call your sister to come help you. Say, "Emily, prepare to dye!"

4. Get creative with the wax pencil and those little donut stickers in the desk drawer, you know, for reinforcing the holes on notebook pages.

5. Have fun.
6. When the eggs are all dyed, use some of the leftover colors to tie-dye a t-shirt.


7. Ask Mom what to do with the dye that's left. She'll tell you to dump it outside. Go out on the porch and dump it over the porch rail into the flower beds.

8. Don't notice until it's too late that Steven's cat, River, is prowling around in the flower bed.

(btw, Jenny got the cats a nice dish from the Dollar Store for Christmas, lest you think they're eating out of my Sunday Jello dish.)

9. Give some pretty eggs to your Girls-Club Adopted-Grandma at church.

10. Let Dad eat the eggs that didn't turn out.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I have a white cat..never thought of decorating her for Easter. Hmmm...how long would she hate me? How could I possibly make it look like an accident? Can you tie-dye a cat? you've got me thinking here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I have a white cat..never thought of decorating her for Easter. Hmmm...how long would she hate me? How could I possibly make it look like an accident? Can you tie-dye a cat? you've got me thinking here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a blue maltese?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still remember my school competition, I was won that tie dye shirts competition by combine different colors. Thanks for sharing the post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green cat makes me laugh! Oh, my. Never a dull moment. You and I both know that mother's ability to see the humor in this stuff does wonders for their longevity, don't we? :)

    Happy spring, my friend!

    ReplyDelete