Thursday, January 25, 2007

100 Grand

Right now, my hit counter is at 99989. Before the day is over, it will no doubt have reached the magic milestone of 100,000.

Meanwhile, over at the warehouse, Paul is almost done cleaning and bagging the last of the 2006 grass seed.

Nice guy that he is, he suggested we go out for supper next week to celebrate both of these accomplishments.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Shoe in the last two years and helped me ratchet up the numbers. I appreciate it, as I do all the feedback and comments.

And if you run one of those Dilbert-type or political blogs that racks up thousands of hits a day, go laugh where I can't hear you.

Quote of the Day:
"Can I come??"
--Matt, when he found out I was going to talk to 15 girls at Pleasant Hill High School today. (What a nice bunch of girls they were, though...so attentive and affirming and curious.)

11 comments:

  1. Yep, looks like you're over the mark now! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on reaching the 100,000 mark. it was a pleasure to have you in class today. i really enjoyed it. thank you. ~Amanda the Teacher's Aide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you on my site:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Hopefully it will go as far as my Audi did before I did it in, which was roughly 237,000.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratualtions Dorcas! You would get a higher count if your posts wouldn't be snt out via e-mail! I seldom get on your site but I sure enjoy the posts!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to do my part! I check your site 3-4 times a week. I always enjoy your posts and the insight into the comings and goings at the Smucker household.
    Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good deal, Dorcas!

    Do you write blog posts in real time or do you write them offline and on the installment plan?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark--I go online to write my posts. Does that answer your question??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations from me too! I think that your blog is funny. I think that your book is funny.I like funny the way you do it. Funny in the "I can identify so I'm really not alone" kind of funny.And the always popular "you made me laugh out loud" funny.Or the "I feel encouraged and blessed because you put things into words that I couldn't" kind of funny. Hmmm. I'll stop. I have friends that read your blog too. I don't want them to know that I rambled here again !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, thanks, Cindy.
    And the rest of you as well.

    ReplyDelete