Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kitty


Jenny got a kitten from her friends Hannah and Abigail, who had named it Serena because they thought it looked like Kevin and Jean's little daughter. But Jenny renamed it Cleopatra because "she was kind of queenly."

Cleo lives an exciting life, evading Hansie [who we thought was too old to chase cats, but she has done miracles and made the lame to walk again and the halt and maimed to leap and bark] and also playing The Cat in the Hat Comes Back and dressing up and giving me my Grandma Fix for the day.
Quote of the Day:
"Didn't you know this is why God created the X chromosome?"
--Matt, the other Saturday, after I chirped "Does anyone want to hit a few garage sales in Harrisburg with me?" and was met with blank stares from the three guys sitting around the kitchen.

7 comments:

  1. Cleopatra is gorgeous~ but then I'm a long time cat lover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little I used to dress up my kitties in dresses and bonnets. They really hated the bonnets even though they looked so cute. I lost more dolly bonnets that way. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hans used to have a cat he named Cleocatra. I had to laugh at the picture of the poor kitten on your lap!~Edith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Cleopatra!
    You found a great Family to live with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, she's adorable. Even when cruelly dressed up in doll clothes :-)

    Welcome to your newest family member!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute!
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT is the most adorable and tolerant kitty I have ever seen!
    And I LOVE her outfit :)

    SheilaC

    (and I do have some pretty cute kitties of my own, but Cleo is a cutie pie)

    ReplyDelete