Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ideas?

What could I offer as incentive to get people to review my books on Amazon? (Not that I'm getting obsessive about my books on Amazon or anything, or my rankings, or those cool little sidebar boxes, or the fact that I am now an Amazon Associate and can pull up stats on how many people click on the cool little boxes, or the fact (best of all) I've earned $4.29 on an Amazon gift card thanks to people clicking here and then buying! (Thanks, all of you!)

Anyway, I would appreciate more (5-star, preferably) reviews on Amazon like all the cool authors have, and rather than begging and whining I think I should offer a reward. But what?

6 comments:

  1. I thought I should let you know that you can also get your books on half.com--I checked yesterday just to see!!Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, OK, I'll head over there now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could bai...I mean, reward bloggers with a link in your sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could offer a free dinner for five, (one person for each star in the review)at the home of the author. You probably want to mention that travel costs will be the responsibility of the reviewer. Also, it might be good to promise that the peasants will be downstairs for the dinner, rather than upstairs revolting. The reviewers might have some safety concerns there.

    -Merle

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Meredith said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I wrote about 3 reviews and then didn't submit them, because even though i loved your books, I didn't know how to put it in words and I thought it sounded dumb what I wrote... but if thats ok, I'll try again:) Glad to hear Emily is better!
    We had Thanksgiving dinner with Daniel and Leona, they don't go to our church anymore, but they still watch the kids every once in a while. It took me a while, but I finally made the connection, Paul was on the Mexico Mission Board, Daniels lived in OR.... I know, it should have clicked long ago. Off to Amazon for me:)SuEllen

    ReplyDelete