Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hiking in the mountain's

Here's a short piece Steven wrote yesterday for an assignment. I repeat it here not to highlight the mistakes but to show how astonishingly far he's come--in expressing himself in English, in writing, and in being aware of the world around him and what is where and what happened when.

Hiking in the mountain's

Over Christmas vacation my family decided to go visit my aunt and uncle's house.

One day we decided to go hiking, while the girls went shopping. On the hike

We took plenty of food and water.

The hike up was splendid, we had to weight on some people because

They were kind slow. We got to a place where there were two trails. Some

People took the one while the rest went on .We finally got to the place where

We were going to eat lunch. Where we ate lunch there were lots of rocks.

Beyond the rocks we saw the Appellation Trail. The Appellation Trail is the

Trail that run's from Georgia to Main.

Going down the mountain was much easier; we didn't even have to stop.

It also helped that we didn't weight for the old guy's. I had to be careful where I

placed my foot or else I'd slip. I slipped about two times, by the time I got down I was exhausted, but I still enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if he got the word "splendid" from his mom?? Great essay by the way, especially the part about waiting on the old guys. :)

    ReplyDelete