Thursday, February 12, 2009

Poems by Jenny

["Dedicated to Mom. For praising me when I make poems"]

Ben
I have a nice brother,
My brother is Ben.
He's very smart.
And does write with a pen.

Hansie
Hansie is huge,
He also is fat.
He likes nothing more
than chasing a cat.

Emily
I have a sister named Emily.
We argue all the time.
She has moved to Redmond.
And she didn't do any crime.

Steven
Steven is adopted.
I love him anyway.
We adopted him from Kenya,
And he is here to stay.

Pigga
Pigga is Emily's.
She's a very big cat.
She's very friendly.
And she isn't even fat!

Peyton
We found Peyton on the road.
He is Siamese.
He doesn't know how to put his claws in.
And he never eats cheese.

Matt
I have a brother named Matt.
He has red hair like me.
I love him very much.
And so I gleam with glee.

Jenny
My name is Jenny.
It means white or fair.
I like to play outside.
And I like my hair.

Amy
Amy is my sister
and Amy is sweet
I like my sister
she is a sweet treat.

Parents
I love my mom.
She's not a bomb.
I love my dad.
He isn't bad.

Family
Now that is my family.
I hope you enjoy,
All the family things,
About every girl and boy.

2 comments:

  1. Does she use a rhyming guide (or whatever they are called)? Just curious. When I started writing my silly poems, I didn't use one, but I got a little lazy and now go to Rhyming Zone online.

    Those were really nice. I am hoping one of my boys will get the knack of writing poetry for fun. So far the only poetry they enjoy is laughing at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Coveredwithjoy, Jenny doesn't use a rhyming guide besides her overactive brain. I do hope your boys someday appreciate your poetry!

    ReplyDelete