Monday, March 06, 2006

Amy

Amy has a final update here. Apparently the UAE thinks her blog is subversive or inflammatory or something, not adjectives one would normally associate with Amy. So, read with care.

She comes home on the 15th, flying into Eugene. I am really looking forward to this on a number of levels, not least of which is that I hope to quit having my weird dreams about her. Over and over, the whole 5 months she's been gone, I have these dreams that she's home again and I can't figure out if it's real or not.

I'll pop out of the grocery store and there she is, smiling, waiting for a ride. "Amy!!??" "Yeah, Mom, I'm home again."
Or I'll come into the kitchen and there she is again. "Is this real or just a dream?" I say. She says, "Duh, Mom, I'm here, aren't I?"

We went wandering into even weirder terrain the other night when Paul and I flew to France to meet her, and Paul drove a pickup truck into a pond near Paris, and drowned.

It really, really is time for her to come home.

Quote of the Day:
"If a lady is delivering a baby and something goes wrong, what do you call it?
A midwife crisis!"
--Emily

1 comment:

  1. I hope Amy makes it home safely too.

    I hope I make it home safely too. I plan to arrive on the 15th as well, flying by your place via I-5.

    Howdy from Guaymas,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete