Monday, September 11, 2006

Feedback

Normally my editor at the paper puts a little blurb at the end of my column with my email address and other pertinent facts. In yesterday's paper, however, this vital information was missing, so I didn't get one email response. Paul said maybe it was to keep my head from swelling but I don't think that's the issue at all! (She protests a little too hotly.) I just like to hear from SOMEBODY so it doesn't feel like I threw my very self out into the void and not a single person caught me.

So it was reassuring to have so many comments on the link in the last post and to know there are others who have been through what I have. Thanks, all.

Meanwhile, applause and appreciation to people who link, refer, review, and comment: Mary Ann, (9/11 post) who used to be a little girl in pigtails at Lake Creek School, and to literarygirl, (9/6) who seems to live in Eastern Oregon and otherwise I have no idea who she is. Lollyjane is a zippy young writer from Wisconsin(?). And then there's justpeachy607, who wrote a to-die-for review. She seems (MennoGame alert) to be my Aunt Lyddie's son Truman's son Freeman's wife's sister.

Quote of the Day:
(At church Sunday evening, all observations whispered urgently and preceded by taps on my arm)
"David has a really shiny forehead!"

(these were about the visiting speaker):
"When he says his S's it sounds like a snake! Ssssssss!"
"It isn't as interesting as Dad's sermons!"
--Jenny, of course

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind mention of my review. I'm thrilled to hear about plans for book #3! Your most recent article is so moving--Margaret has already said what I was thinking, as sisters are wont to do. -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are pretty hard on your guest speakers. One of my favourite memories of being the guest speaker was actually at Brownsville Church. I arrived for the first service and rather nervously found a seat for myself, hopefully, not too far front or too far back. In a few minutes the man in front of me reached back over the bench and passed me a note. It read, "How old are you?". I was feeling rather nervous and thought that he knew I was the guest speaker and felt that I was too young. I wrote my age on the paper and passed it front to him. He read it and in a few minutes passed it back to me. He had now added the comment, "There is still time to repent!". I was relieved to know that he was merely doing his evangelistic duty so my blood wouldn't be on his hands in the judgment day!

    Merle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, Merle, I don't think we'll be hiring you as Brownsville's new PR person just yet.
    Just curious: was this Don McGarry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorcas,

    No, it wasn't Don. I had a great time with him though! This man was a world traveller. He had taken a train trip across Asia or somewhere exotic like that. If I remember right he was trying to spend his money before his children inherited it. I think his wife had alzheimers.

    ReplyDelete