Saturday, September 02, 2006

Two Months

Today it's two months since Leonard passed away. I think of him every day, but being distractedly busy recently has not allowed me to really ponder much. Yet the grief is never far away. It is heavy like a rock in a backpack...not like a sharp knife piercing, just a dull weight.

A rash of young people in our lives are suddenly pairing up and dating. I would really have enjoyed seeing Leonard grow into this phase of life. Not sure why this in particular hurts so bad, but I would so have loved to see him get married, and he would have made an awesome dad.

Recently I saw a musical performance in which a young man who looked remarkably like Leonard wore a tux and sang. I thought, "That's how Leonard would have looked at his wedding." It was almost more than I could handle in a manner appropriate in public.

"The pain never really goes away, but life goes on," experienced people tell me. They're right.

5 comments:

  1. Anniversaries like this are always painful. May God be near!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blade of the piercing knife has dulled a bit. Yet, after two months I miss Lenny more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops didn't mean to be anonymous hit the wrong one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured that was you. Here's a big hug +++OOOOOFFF!!+++ and lots of love and concern and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and i send another hug - oooooft-
    we all care so much that the rest of us somehow muddle thru the pain and grief but somehow be okay. love ya, nette and j. aunt g.

    ReplyDelete