Saturday, September 16, 2006

Good Times

Last night Paul and I had an overnight at the coast to celebrate our anniversary, which was actually back in the middle of August and harvest, a little detail I didn't consider back when we set the date.

So we walked on the beach and went out for breakfast and put the cares of life aside.

While we were walking on the beach, I suddenly realized that 22+22=44, so I said, "Hey! I've been married half of my life!"

And Paul, true to his nature which he cannot lay aside, nay, even on a romantic walk on the beach, began clicking and whirring in his brain: "Ok, hmmm, June 29...ok, and August 10...aaaand, yeah, it's almost exactly half of your life, just about three days off!"

I love him anyway.

Quote of the Day:
"I do."
--Paul and me, back in 1984. We still do.

5 comments:

  1. Dorcas,
    Donna and I just celebrated our 21st on September 12. Hope you are as happy as we are. Congratulations!
    Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you two!! Glad you were able to have a little get-away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember attending your wedding. Aunt Judy's was a few months earlier than yours. Has it really been that long ago? Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back from a three day early anniversary trip. Good times, good husband, good memories=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are coming up on our 40th in March 2007.

    We are still saying, "I do". Sometimes it's "I will". Most of the time it's "I'm glad."

    But if he ever leaves me, I'm going with him. And that's the truth.

    ReplyDelete