Friday, February 23, 2007

Progress

Thanks to all who commented and emailed about the last post. Lots of wisdom there that I need to process, and a lot of encouragement to put Paul and the children ahead of other pursuits.

I have to say my favorite response was this: "I am glad you never mentioned cutting out your blog to simplify your life! :-) I might call you at suppertime and talk for an hour if you decided to do that." (from an anonymous friend)

Just so you all know, yesterday someone invited me to speak somewhere in August and I said, "LET ME THINK ABOUT IT AND CHECK MY CALENDAR FIRST." I did not immediately say yes.

You know, it's heady stuff to be asked to speak and write. "Really!?? Me??!" And to know I have usable skills beyond turning wadded socks right-side-out? Amazing. But God doesn't value things as we do, and, as many of you said, I have to line things up with his calibrator.

Meanwhile, my niece Annette is here and we are talking, talking, talking. It is balm to the soul. Annette told me about this--

Quote of the Day:
"This is my princess room, and here are my princess shoes, and here is my princess bed, and this is my princess dress, and this is my POP GUN!!"
--Emma Lynn, age 4, my funny, tough little niece

3 comments:

  1. Humm, your funny tough little neice sounds a bit like my funny tough little Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a funny tough little 4 yr. old girl in our household, too, walking around in princess slippers and playing with toy snakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't mess with this princess!:)
    bethany

    ReplyDelete