Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Janet

Yesterday my 18-year-old niece, Janet, younger sister of Leonard who passed away six weeks ago, had to have an appendectomy. The appendix was close to bursting but thankfully was taken in time. She didn't have the classic symptoms of nausea and pain in a specific area. Being young and healthy, her recovery should be rapid.

Even though this feels very minor compared to Leonard's death, my brother and SIL are still dealing with fears of "what next?" and feeling like a big target is painted on the entire family.

I know there are many compassionate people who read this blog, and if you would like to send Marcus, Anna, or Janet a note of encouragement, send it to me at letterfromhburg@juno.com and put "Yoder family" in the subject line, and I'll forward it to them. (Since I don't have their permission to broadcast their address.)

Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. SIGH...thats about all I can say right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are destined for greatness - and those who walk thru more than their fair share are truly great. Underneath are the everlasting arms.
    geneva

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent you a message under "hburg"; curious to see if you got it. --Ghost of Christmas Past,
    Pam (Glenn) Chupp

    ReplyDelete