Thursday, August 31, 2006

Matt

Matt is safely home from Jamaica. He had told us that he'll have a surprise for us when he gets here. My fevered mind churned through dozens of possibilities--he's dating, he got a tattoo, he broke his arm, he's bringing someone home with him, etc.

He called ahead and told Amy to videotape his homecoming, then he came in the back door with a. . . . .shaved head!!

Mercy, he looks so different. I haven't seen him that bald since he was three months old. I had a fit but honest, I did not get angry. So when you read on his blog that he escaped Hurricane Ernesto only to encounter Hurricane Mom, don't take him too seriously.

Quote of the Day:
Me: (buys matching garage-sale Oregon Duck hats for the boys)
Ben: We can wear them to the Duck game!
Jenny: And you can wear your Duck shirts too!
Ben: And then we can wear our Duck pants--that we don't have!
Emily: You could take pants and fabric-paint them to make Duck pants.
Steven: Or we could just put duct tape on them!

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there to see the "mom" hurricane. :) i wonder if they are like some of my looks that get misjudged. lol My son informed me that he gave your son a black eye, when he was at Bible School visiting. It was in a game of basketball. I was like "did you say sorry?" he's the son of a "author" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, small world. the funny thing was, your son was on my team at the time...And if you ask me, that was the best black eye I ever got. ;-) it was like my trademark there at Bible School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven is now a typical American male. Duct tape can fix anything. ;):)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete