Thursday, December 28, 2006

Vacation from Vacation

Christmas vacation is wonderful but sometimes it's a bit much, as any mom knows. But it looks like today I'll get a break from the normal, which is not entirely a good thing.

Paul, Emily, Ben, and Steven are off to Willamette Pass to go skiing, Paul's Christmas gift to the children. They left early this morning, then returned after about 5 minutes because Steven forgot his coat. I had him get his sunglasses while he was here, then Paul remembered his goggles as well. Then they were barely out the driveway when Paul remembered his "ski key," a $40 item that lets them use the lifts, or something like that.

Matt was going to go skiing as well, but he and Jenny are sick. Matt holes up in his room and sleeps, and Jenny sleeps on the couch, flushed and pathetic-looking. So I don't hear much from either one.

And at 9:30 Amy leaves for six weeks of Bible School at BMA (Biblical Mennonite Alliance) Bible Institute in Indiana. She and three of her friends are driving, and classes start next week.

So I will no doubt spend my quiet day worrying about the skiers breaking their legs, taking temperatures, and feeling all teary and nostalgic. Amy is a sweetie and I will miss her. But she will be as close as her cell phone, and I can send her care packages, and I keep telling myself--

Quote of the Day:
"At least it's not the Emirates, at least it's not the Emirates, at least. . . "

3 comments:

  1. I have one on the sofa running fever, too. And I keep thinking of other stuff Lyndon should take along to BMA and worrying that the roads will be awful and that he'll get the flu, too, and does he really know how to do his own laundry, and he'll probably scorch a hole in the seat of his best khaki pants....and on and on! But I keep telling myself, "At least he's close to Judy!" (She lives 7 miles from BMA) Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you better believe it's not the Emirates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just catching up on your blog. It has been awhile. My comment is in regards to your "mennonite actress" there are actually a couple avenues that are producing decent films. you've probably heard of them. Sisters and Brothers w/visionvideo produced at least one(that was even Menn.)probably some of the strictest guidelines come through independent christian films and vision forum. they encourage and school amatuer filmmakers and all content must be appropriate, modest, no innuendos, no kissing except a husband and wife portraying a husband and wife,etc. but I think there is also a tremendous outlet with ministry opportunities by way of plays, skits etc.where a parent or whole family would have a lot of input as to the content and environment. best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete